call this a mark??

I suppose this is just my ignorance, but I was amazed to discover just
now (playing with the history lines thing) that the `mark' in zle is
not a mark at all, just a character offset which is confused by
insertion and deletion.  Shouldn't it be possible to do something
about this by adding code to spaceinline(), backkill/del(),
forekill/del() -- or are there hidden problems?

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413