Problems linking zsh-3.0.2 on my home Openstep 4.0 system

The only change I made was that substitution of TCCLEAREOL for TCCLEAREOD in
zle_refresh to workaround a bug in the scroll bar when a shell is opened.  Then I
tried to compile it and I ran into some problems in the link phase:

/bin/ld: warning /usr/lib/libtermcap.a(termcap.o) has external relocation entries
in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
_strcpy
_write
_strlen
_close
_read
_open
_getenv
__ctype_
/bin/ld: warning /usr/lib/libtermcap.a(tgoto.o) has external relocation entries in
non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
_strcpy
_strcat
/bin/ld: warning /usr/lib/libtermcap.a(tputs.o) has external relocation entries in
non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
__ctype_

Seen anything like this before?  I haven't yet done the regression test of seeing
if the problems go away if I change the TCCLEAREOL back to TCCLEAREOD.  Are the
above messages an indication of serious problems?

Thanks for any help you can give.

--joseph