From: oliva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alexandre Oliva)
Subject: Re: [50 character or so descriptive subject here (for reference)]
Date: 14 Jan 1997 16:28:20 -0200
Newsgroups: gnu.bash.bug

Stefan Seibold writes:
> 	sh -c '((/usr/local/bin/raplayer /tmp/MO32.ram); rm /tmp/MO32.ram)&'
> 	This are the errors reported by bash:
> 	sh: -c: line 1: missing closing `)' for arithmetic expression

I've seen several bug reports on this problem, and I think it would be
worth implementing a change in the grammar:

`((' should only be considered an expression if it were matched by a
`))'.  If a single `)' were found, then whatever is between the parens
would be considered a command list.

Does anyone know how hard it would be to implement this?

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailto:aoliva@xxxxxxx