WHitespace now required before ]] ?

Hi Folks,

  I presume this is a change for the greate good, compatability with
other shells, but it now appears that ]] requries preceeding whitespace.
(Forgive me I'm on an old version, but it changes like this that keep me
here ;-) ):

alfep3:zsh_test 280> echo $VERSION
zsh 2.4.333 beta

alfep3:zsh_test 280> if [[ -f foo]]; then
> echo a
> fi

  However in the new version

alfep3% echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.1.1
alfep3% if [[ -f foo]]; then
zsh: parse error near `then'

  I don't suppose there is a compatability mode ?
--

Daniel Dignam,
mailto:daniel@xxxxxxxxx

          http://www-sdl.ug.eds.com/ug_assemblies.html