zsh stty control for background processes

Hello.

I'm not a member of zsh-workers, so please Cc: replies to me.

When I invoked 'xterm &', new shell in the xterm forget some of stty
control characters.

This is 'stty all' output of the original shell(zsh-3.1.0 on BSD/OS
2.1).

% stty all
speed 9600 baud; 24 rows; 80 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff -ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr oxtabs
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -noclocal -cstopb
        -cts_oflow -rts_iflow -mdmbuf
discard dsusp   eof     eol     eol2    erase   intr    kill    lnext
^O      ^Y      ^D      <undef> <undef> ^H      ^C      ^U      ^V
min     quit    reprint start   status  stop    susp    time    werase
1       ^\      ^R      ^Q      <undef> ^S      ^Z      0       ^W

And this is 'stty all' output of new shell in xterm (invoked in
background).

% stty all
speed 9600 baud; 24 rows; 80 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff -ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -oxtabs
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -noclocal -cstopb
        -cts_oflow -rts_iflow -mdmbuf
discard dsusp   eof     eol     eol2    erase   intr    kill    lnext
^@      ^@      ^D      <undef> <undef> ^H      ^C      ^U      ^@
min     quit    reprint start   status  stop    susp    time    werase
1       ^@      ^R      ^@      <undef> ^@      ^@      0       ^W

The similar problem occured on Solaris 2.5 and SunOS 4.1.4, too.

It still occurs even if I use no startup file, but forgotten entries
vary like this:

% stty all
speed 9600 baud; 24 rows; 80 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff -ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -oxtabs
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -noclocal -cstopb
        -cts_oflow -rts_iflow -mdmbuf
discard dsusp   eof     eol     eol2    erase   intr    kill    lnext
^@      ^@      ^D      <undef> <undef> ^H      ^C      ^U      ^@
min     quit    reprint start   status  stop    susp    time    werase
1       ^@      ^R      ^Q      <undef> ^S      ^@      0       ^W

This problem never occurs on tcsh, csh, or sh.  It is ok if xterm is
invoked on foreground.  I tried zsh-3.0-pre, zsh-3.0.0, zsh-3.0.2, and
zsh-3.1.0.  Also I checked /usr/contrib/bin/zsh (v2.5.03 distributed
with BSD/OS 2.1) and found that this problem occured....

Is it a bug of zsh, or something wrong with me?  Sorry if it had
already reported/corrected.

Regards,
--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
KITE Network Operation Center, Computer Center, Kyushu University

Email addr:                           |  I'm free!   & ~ __-^-_/~
    kasahara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |               ~   \___/