history-search-backward

Looks like another incompatibility got in while I wasn't paying much
attention: ^[p will only search backwards on complete words.  (I
remember the discussion, not the conclusion, I presume this is
intentional.)  It seems to me this is going to cause lots of zsh users
endless confusion when they type part of a word, then ^[p, and nothing
happens.

It's also incompatible with the tcsh binding (it always was a bit, but
not so drastically).  It makes it essentially useless for me, too,
since I use it as a way of abbreviating the first word of a command,
but that's personal taste and I can live with
history-beginning-search-backward.

<customary diatribe about incompatibilities deleted, you've seen it before>

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413