Re: Strange effect under 3.1.1

On Feb 3,  9:07pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: Strange effect under  3.1.1
}
} mode is determined after examining the first letter of the name used
} to invoke zsh.  If the first letter is s or b zsh enters sh emulation

If I wonder why something this significant is being determined on the
basis of only the first letter of the name, will someone justify it?
Seems to me it ought to be examining the whole word.

BTW, what about 'r'?  If invoked as 'rsh' does it behave like restricted
sh, or like restricted zsh?  (I haven't downloaded 3.1.1 yet.)

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern