Bug with backgrounding shell functions

zsh 3.0.3-test4

I have the following autoloaded shell function, named xosview:

#!/usr/local/bin/zsh -f
command xosview -net 0 $*

While the function was still undefined (not yet autoloaded), I ran it in
the background with `xosview &'.  No problem so far.

I then inadvertently brought it to the foreground (`fg' on the wrong job
number), so I stopped it with ctrl-Z and backgrounded it again with `bg'.

At this point, xosview continued running normally; but the copy of zsh
that had been forked to run the shell function went berserk, consuming
85.5% of my CPU (which, fortunately, I could see because xosview's CPU
meter suddenly pegged) until I found it with `top' and killed it.

Killing the zsh left xosview running as an orphaned job.  That may not be
a bug, but the CPU-hogging behavior certainly is.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern