Re: zsh-3.1.1 on NetBSD patch & problems

Zefram wrote:
:gwing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
:>1) What's happened to default compctls?
:Who cares?  They were a bad idea anyway.

How did I find that they weren't there any more?  How about:
% zsh -f
% setopt <TAB>
<... file list ...>

I'm not of the opinion that they're a bad idea.

:>3) why is -pedantic set for --enable-debug ?
:So we don't accidentally introduce non-conformant code that gcc accepts.

What sort of things?  Non-conforming to what?  Pedantic checks ANSI C.
Things like variable length arrays are (configure) supported.
Quad types aren't supported in printf("%q...

Anyway, my gcc man page says:
``without this option, certain GNU extensions and traditional C features
are supported as well.  With this option, they are rejected.  There is no
reason to use this option; it exists only to satisfy pedants.''

Oh well, if it makes you happy...
--
Geoff Wing [gwing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]   Technical Manager
  Phone    : +61-3-9818 2977         PrimeNet - Internet Consultancy