Re: zle_refresh patch 2

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Hmm.  Well, I dislike your change because it presumes that init_term()
> is independent of the values of "lines" and "columns".  This in itself
> (init_term() not knowing about lines/columns) MAY be wrong, now that I
> look at it, because init_term() is called from zle in a couple places,
> namely putprompt() and zleread().
>
> Will zle ever call init_term in such a way that a very-small terminal is
> set incorrectly?  I don't follow it well enough to be sure.

zle calls init_term only if !termok holds, so it may cause a problem when
COLUMNS < 3.  But here the meaning of termok should be changed.  It should
contain flags, like TERM_BAD, TERM_NOUP, TERM_UNKNOWN, TERM_SHORT,
TERM_NARROW, etc.  init_term() should only be called if TERM_UNKNOWN is
true.  Line/column change should only change some flags in termok.

Zoltan