Re: stat module

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>Here's a zsh module which implements a builtin `stat' command as a
>front end to the `stat' system call;

Great.  (One harmless bug: you test for S_ISCHR() twice.)

>There's an external stat in IRIX; I didn't try and make it compatible
>because I thought my syntax for selecting particular stat elements was
>much clearer.

Interesting.  I also wrote a stat program a while ago.  I wonder why
such a useful program hasn't become standard.

There's one feature in my stat program that I think could would be useful
in this module: if it found a symlink, it would `manually' follow the
link, and output information for the entire chain of symlinks up to the
actual file.  Does someone have time to add this?

-zefram