Getting crashes in savehistfile()

Over the last couple of days I suddenly began noticing that my zsh history
was occassionally becoming empty.  I found a core file with the following
stack trace:

#0  0x80630c0 in savehistfile ()
#1  0x805285a in zexit ()
#2  0x8072103 in handler ()
#3  0xbffff5f0 in ?? ()
#4  0x8063023 in savehistfile ()
#5  0x805285a in zexit ()
#6  0x807fd9a in getkey ()
#7  0x8080635 in getkeycmd ()
#8  0x8080283 in zleread ()
#9  0x8064e67 in inputline ()
#10 0x8064d85 in ingetc ()
#11 0x80609d9 in hgetc ()
#12 0x8067311 in gettok ()
#13 0x8066e89 in yylex ()
#14 0x806f99c in parse_event ()
#15 0x806367a in loop ()
#16 0x8063597 in main ()

This apparently happens after I press ctrl-D to exit a shell, though not in
all cases (perhaps with SAVEHIST=0, which I do from time to time).  I never
notice because of course the shell is exiting anyway.

I'm running 3.0.3-test4 with several of the recent patches from the list.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern