Startup files

The documentation (3.1.0) says that "Commands are first read from
/etc/zshenv". This is not true.

"init.c" shows that each startup file from /etc is read only if the
appropriate #define is set (GLOBAL_ZSHENV, GLOBAL_ZPROFILE etc), but
none is set by default. On the other hand, the INSTALL file (if I got it
right) says that one has to explicitely _disable_ processing of a
scriptfile by adding the option --disable-scriptname to 'configure',
which suggests that GLOBAL_scriptname is set by default.

What is the intention? I'd prefer an implementation of the documented
default behaviour.

Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
Regionales Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Hamburg