Re: unique partial completion

Hi

> The defaults have changed in zsh-3.1.1, the LIST_AMBIGUOUS option is on by
> default.  Several other options are set now by default (see the Dec 27 1997
> entry in the ChangeLog).  This should make zsh more user friendly when
> invoked without without any startup files.

> Just add unset LIST_AMBIGUOUS into your .zshrc.

Thanks, that seems to work for me. :-)

So far we have had 3 people who believe that the new default behaviour is not
entirely obvious. Why was this considered to make zsh more friendly?

Why doesnt LIST_AMBIGUOUS show up when I type 'setopt'? Its only when I
do 'unsetopt LIST_AMBIGUOUS' does "nolistambiguous" show up.

I looked for the Dec 27 1997 entry in the ChangeLog file but I
guess I'm behind the times. I did see an entry that says that setopt
was changed to show the non-default options. Is there a way of seeing
all the options set?

> Many people symply do not know about most of the zsh options.

Well that true for me.... I didnt spot this one although I did look - honest!

				Anthony.