colors in zsh

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx> writes:

> > > Zsh has a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) maintained by
> > > Peter Stephenson <P.Stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  The latest version
> > > can be found at any of the ftp sites above, or at:
> > >    http://www.mal.com/zsh/FAQ/
>
> The address since May has been http://www.peak.org/zsh/ .

I have installed 'zsh' and tried it a little, also read a bit of the
manual and it seems very powerful.

But I can't seem to get "dircolors" to work with it.

It does not pertain the color settings from "tcsh" underneath, and
also when doing "eval `dircolors`", the eval inserts "setenv" and
stuff that "zsh" does not understand.

Do you know how I can make "zsh" give different colors to files,
directories, links, file types, etc?

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

--
Olav Morkrid          | Some you win