Re: weird zsh startup behavior

On Tue, Aug 12, 1997 at 09:31:58AM -0600, John M. Harres wrote:
> The second directory scan does not have the inode check, as you mentioned, but
> if it's there, the two loops look like they should either both succeed or
> fail, thus the second adds nothing.

I'm not where I can look at the source right now, but my memory is that
the second one stat()s each file as it goes along, and used the dev number
from that;  I'm assuming that's intended to find mounted file systems --
readdir() gives info on the directory being mounted over, stat() gives
info on the mounted dir.