Re: libzglob?

Zoltan T. Hidvegi wrote:
>Yes, for zsh.  But the question was to use the zsh glob within perl, which
>already have the regexp engine.  I'd thing that even for zsh the regexp
>engine would be superior, but it is quite big, and zsh is big enough even
>without regexps.  Of course a loadable regexp module can be added to zsh.

That's not what I meant.  We're talking about doing globbing.  A normal
regexp engine answers questions of the form "does this string match this
pattern?", but for globbing we need an engine that can answer "what are
all the filenames that match this pattern?".  libzglob would really have
to contain its own globbing engine -- Perl currently doesn't have one,
though it has a good regexp engine.

-zefram