leftover debugging statements?

hello,

Did somebody leave some leftover debugging statements in
zsh 3.0.5?

Some assignments to a local (typeset) variable cause
some garbage to be printed out.

Example script & output (sorry I don't have time to
isolate this any further... I hope this is enough to
jog someone's memory):

PS1='zsh> '

zsh> which bug
bug () {
        typeset fred
        fred=NULL
        typeset sourcefile
        echo 'Start loop...'
        for sourcefile in $*
        do
                typeset bar
                if [[ $fred = NULL ]]
                then
                        typeset foo
                        foo=(`echo output from some process`)
                        bar=$foo[0]
                else
                        bar=$fred
                fi
        done
        echo 'End loop...'
        return 0
}

zsh> bug X Y Z
Start loop...
bar=output
foo=(output from some process)
bar=output
foo=(output from some process)
End loop...

zsh> setopt
allexport
autocd
autolist
autopushd
cdablevars
extendedglob
interactive
nolistbeep
login
menucomplete
monitor
pushdignoredups
pushdsilent
rmstarsilent
shinstdin
zle

zsh> echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.0.5

zsh> uname -a
SunOS ihnns581 5.5.1 Generic_103640-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

##

Obviously, the function was not supposed to print anything out
except "Start loop..." and "End loop...".

Thanks,

--
Alex Ramos