Re: PATCH: NO_CLOBBER

On Apr 23,  4:22pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: NO_CLOBBER
}
} Andrew Main wrote:
} > Looks like someone got too clever, and decided that NO_CLOBBER shouldn't
} > stop you opening a FIFO.
}
} hmm, it wasn't me, but now:
}   /etc/zshrc: file exists: /dev/null [243]
} am I just going to have to live with this?  Seems quite a lot to live with.

Device special files are not FIFOs, so even if the ksh incompatibility needs
to be rectified (which doesn't seem essential to me), the code needs to work
right for devices.  The old code with errno saved/restored would be better.