Re: 3.1.3 - config.status file generation problems...

Andrew J Cosgriff wrote:
>2 goaway/2:a2 303 % ./config.status
>creating Makefile
>sed: Cannot find or open file :Makefile.in.

As I suspected, you have a duff config.status, caused by bogus editing.
It looks as if the shell you used to run the configure script has
translated '\\' to '\' within single quotes, which is well out of order.
Alternatively your ed has done the equivalent, which is also wrong.

Please try replacing ed with GNU ed, so tht we can eliminate that
possibility.  And what is your /bin/sh?

-zefram