Re: 3.0.5: eval `resize` messes up

Hi,

Clint> Is there a known problem with using eval `resize`?  I used to
Clint> be able to do this with 3.0.2 (and any other shell).  Is there
Clint> some setting I might be missing?  I'm on HP-UX 10.20.

Is this problem "If you evaluated `resize`, zsh is not measure
terminal size"?

If so, this is normal zsh action. (Your setting is sufficient.)  Zsh
3.0.5 trust LINES and COLUMNS.  If you don't set LINES and COLUMNS,
zsh measures terminal size.  But If you set LINES and COLUMNS, zsh
trusts its value.  Therefore, if you execute "eval 'resize`", you must
always execute "eval `resize`" when terminal size is changed.

I don't know whether this is zsh's feature or bug.  I just read source
code.

[(hp)]  Hewlett-Packard Japan, Ltd     Tatsuo Furukawa
                                       tatsuo@xxxxxxxxxxx