Re: Strange occurrence

On Jul 8,  3:48pm, Pedroja, Daniel A wrote:
> IF I open a Terminal window and run an external command (make is a good
> example), the command will terminate with a segmenation fault.  However,
> if in the same Terminal window, I rlogin to the same host and run the
> command, it executes correctly.

This is a classic shared library failure.  Chances are that your login shell
is setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or otherwise initializing the shared library
search locations, but that the init file (e.g. ~/.zlogin) that performs this
task is not being executed when you start other shells.

It's best to move such initialization code to ~/.zshenv, which is executed
by every zsh that you start.