Re: ideas: free-search-complete, noexpand

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
>Yes, I almost expected this comment, but I didn't have much time. And
>the patch is thought as a collection of possibilities. If I get
>remarks such as `I like this, but not this' and Zefram finally says
>which parts he would like to include into the baseline (if any), I
>would provide patches for those only.

I haven't had time to try out the patch, but from reading your description
I am in principle satisfied with all of the new functionality, and intend
to include it in the next release.

I was intrigued by your new match structure.  It's a fairly natural
way to represent matches, and closely matches the way I did completion
for the Elate shell.  Because quoting nests in the Elate shell, it is
possible to simulate structures there, even though the shell natively
supports only one-dimensional arrays.  In zsh I think one really misses
out by not being able to represent structures in user code -- it would
be nice for completion functions to be able to control all parts of the
match structure directly.

-zefram