Re: matching control for completion (with PATCH)

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Aug 26,  3:59pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: matching control for completion (with PATCH)
> }
> } E.g. if one wants to say
> } that a lowercase letter on the command line matches an upeprcase
> } letter in the words, one can say: `m:{a-z}={A-Z}'.
>
> What happens if there aren't the same number of characters in each class?

If one class has n characters and the other has m , with n < m, only
the first n characters in both classes match (since the others have no
corresponding character).

> }     compctl -M 'r:|[-.,_/]=* r:|=* m:{a-z}={A-Z}' 'l:|=* r:|=*'
>
> I dunno, Sven; I think if you'd tried you could have made that a little
> more cryptic.

Damn, I should have used my first implementation (the would have been

But for me the internals of the code was simply more interesting than
spending even more time in finding a nice syntax (whic really isn't
that easy), especially since we seem to seriously think about a new
way to define completions.

Bye
 Sven