Re: BUG: Extended completion with alternative completion

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> There are two problems: (1) in get_ccompctl(), when we chose to return
> the n[] completion, we lose track of the alternative (which hangs off
> the xor pointer in the head of the linked list of -x patterns); (2) we're
> prematurely returning an error in makecomplist(), so even if we still had
> the handle to the xor, we'd never follow it.
>
> In short, alternative completion only works with extended completion when
> none of the extended patterns match, which doesn't seem right to me.
>
> It's not hard to fix (2), but I'm leery of messing with (1) when there are
> a lot of other pending completion patches to be folded in to 3.1.6.  Sven,
> are you out there?

Well, (1) is taken care of in the modifications of the completion code
that are soon to appear.

And I have to admit that I don't really understand your other
problem. If you want cdmatch to be called even if the cursor is before
the '/', you should use `C[0,*/*]', the manual says that with `n[i,s]'
anything up to the i'th occurrence of s is not part of the completion
string, so the cursor isn't in a place where something can be
completed. Also I don't have any trouble with your second
compctl-version (trouble in the sense of SEGV or something like that).

So, could you please tell me what you wanted to have completed after
the `cd S/M'? (I guess you want `cd Src/Modules' but that would also
require a change in cdmatch.) Maybe I will then understand which fix
you are suggesting for (2).

Bye
 Sven