BUG: long prompts tangle ZLE

With both stock 3.1.5 and 3.1.5-patched(17 Nov) I am experiencing
strange behaviour with very long prompts.

If the prompt length is 80 characters (on an 80-char width term) then
 (a) the last character is not printed, or at least overwritten with a
     space;
 (b) more seriously, typing a command does not scroll the line up, but
     instead overwrites the start of the line.

Anything longer or shorter does not affect this.

I know, my prompt is too long.  I'm about to change my PS1 to only list
the last 30ish chars of %~.  And I haven't looked into this -- no WAY do
I know zsh's internals well enough to tinker in ZLE.

HTH
--
--> Phil Pennock ; GAT d- s+:+ a22 C++(++++) UL++++/I+++/S+++/H+ P++@ L+++
E-@ W(+) N>++ o !K w--- O>+ M V !PS PE Y+ PGP+ t-- 5++ X+ R !tv b++>+++ DI+ D+