Re: PATCH: 3.1.5 + associative arrays: keys, values, and pattern subscripts

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> The appended patch improves the implementation of the (kv) parameter flags
> and their interaction with the (iIrR) subscripting flags.

I finally had a look at these and a couple seem to be giving problems.

For the tests,

  % typeset -A assoc
  % assoc=(one eins two zwei three drei four vier five funf)

>                         Associative Array        Ordinary Array
>                         -----------------        --------------
>
>   ${(k)param[key]}      If key has a value,      If key has a value,
>                         then key, else empty     then key, else empty

  % print ${(k)assoc[four]}
  0

although

  % print ${(k)assoc[(i)four]}
  four

>   $param[(r)pat]        A value in param that    First value in param that
>                         matches pattern pat      matches pattern pat

  % print ${assoc[(r)v*]}
  eins

although

  % print ${assoc[(R)v*]}
  vier

and

  % print ${(v)assoc[(r)v*]}
  vier

The remaining cases as far as I've tested seem fine.  There is of
course the point that the ordering is random (the `first' match of
something could be any of them), but that's a feature of associative
arrays which just needs to be made clear in the docs.  The syntax
seems as good as anything I can think of.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/