Re: experimental new style completion

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Jan 5,  4:43pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: Re:  experimental new style completion
> }
> } - When completing in subscripts on the left side of an parameter
> }   assignment the CONTEXT is now set to `subscr' (this is still a bit
> }   hackish)
>
> May I suggest that there's no reason to abbreviate names of this sort.

Yep. As I said, these parameters may change anyway (esp. if we put all
of them into an associative array).

> Also ... I may be mistaken, but isn't it possible to be in both the command
> position and after a redirection operator (e.g. readnullcmd) or in both a
> math context and inside a subscript?  Is a single context identifier enough?

That's (partly) inherited from the current completion code. One
difference is that math and subscript are distinguished, the normal
code just treats both of them as mathematical environments. I haven't
thought about using multiple context names at once and I could be
convinced to do this for math/subscript and probably others.
But all this is new stuff anyway, the normal completion code doesn't
allow one to separately define completions for conds, math, subscript,
redir, and value, so I suggest playing with it until we find out what
would be most useful.

Bye
 Sven