Re: Patch available for 3.0.6-pre-0

On Apr 21, 11:14pm, Tatsuo Furukawa wrote:
} Subject: Re: Patch available for 3.0.6-pre-0
}
} Hi!  I am glad to meet new stable zsh. (^_^)

I'm sure it's glad to meet you, too.

} I have a small dissatisfaction for zsh.  Zsh can NOT treat RPROMPT
} to right place with some (special) terminal.
[...]
} If terminal does not have RI= entry, zsh uses TAB character for
} horizontal cursor move.  And zsh assumes that TAB stop is 8, 16, 24,
} 32, ..  But TAB stop is user definable, so this assumption is not

Am I wrong in thinking the fix for this is `stty -tabs` ?  There are
other programs than zsh that would be confused by this behavior.

} I think that it is NOT hpterm's defect.  Because the standard for TAB
} stop behavior is NOT exist, zsh should NOT assume such TAB stop.

I'll put this patch in if I see a couple of other messages in support
of it; but as a frequent ssh-over-28.8-PPP-link user, I'm sensitive to
issues with speed of screen refresh and I'd rather not be needlessly
penalized.