Re: PATCH: Re: pws-19: compinstall should build absolute paths

On May 31, 10:41am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: PATCH: Re: pws-19: compinstall should build absolute paths
}
} > +if [[ ${~_ci_fdir} != /* ]]; then
} > +  _ci_fdir=$(cd $_ci_fdir;builtin pwd)
} > +fi
} >
} >  # Check if this is in fpath already, else put it there (with ~'s
} > expanded).
} >  _ci_f=${~_ci_fdir}
} >
}
} Ehh ... but at this point _ci_fdir is an absolute path ... and starts with
} ``/'' ... so _ci_f is set to some directory in HOME instead to _ci_fdir, is
} not it?

Is not it.  Note the ${ } there; the ~ in the assignment just causes any
glob patterns or tildes in the value of $_ci_fdir to be expanded.  What
the lines I added do is, if attempting to expand the value of $_ci_fdir
does not produce a full path, then force it to be a full path.  If there
is already a home-directory reference (that is, a tilde) in $_ci_fdir
then [[ ${~_ci_fdir} != /* ]] will be false and the full path is not
recomputed.

Then the pre-existing bit of code following "# Check if ..." expands the
full path again and stuffs that in $_ci_f.  The end result, I believe, is
that the unexpanded home-directory reference goes into .zshrc, but the
expanded full path is used in $fpath.  If you don't find that's what is
happening, let me know.