More local keymaps?

I currently have Alt-RETURN (actually, ESC-RETURN) bound to
accept-and-menu-complete. That's fine and nice ... but after last patches it
seems quite wasteful. There are much more places where I'd like to use these
keys ... and I have to reserve it for very special single case.

What about local keymap for normal menu completion (menucomplete?) It looks
logical - most widgets you'd like to use cannot be used outside of menu
completion in any case. And binding cup -> menu-complete and cdown ->
rverse-menu-complete would give you nice way to scroll through matches even
without menu select.

Releated question: how useful would local keymaps be for user defined widgets?
It differs from current 'bindkey -N newkeymap xxx; bindkey -A newkymap main' in
two aspects:

 - it is sparse (is it really?) You do not need to define all possible bindings
 - it is expected to be removed atomatically when user defined widget exits.

Just an idea ...

/andrej