Re: 3.1.6-pre-1 on HP-UX 11.00

Ollivier Robert wrote:
> I have an HP B180 machine, running 11.00 and I'm trying to compile
> 3.1.6-pre-1 (with all posted patches !) on it.
>
> HP-UX phoenix B.11.00 A 9000/778 2013469087 two-user license
>
> With both cc (unbundled ANSI C compiler) and gcc (EGCS 1.1.2), it fails
> while trying to compile the loadable modules with the following
> error. Shouldn't configure disable loadable modules on HP-UX 11 or is there
> a bug somewhere ?

So far as I'm aware, you're the first person to try it under HP-UX 11
(unlucky) so I have no idea what should happen.  It looks like you have
HPUXDYNAMIC defined, which means there's no dlopen() etc., but there is
shl_load(), etc., which suggests it isn't that different from HP-UX 10
(and if one of those statements is wrong it would be interesting to know
why).

Ideally, we'd like to know what to change.  A quick look at HP doesn't seem
to throw up the relevant docs, so if anyone can help --- the shl_load,
shl_unload and shl_findsym manual pages might just be enough.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/