RE: FW: zsh-3.1.6 on hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00?

Bart,

Thanks for looking into this. I got 3.1.6 to work. Here are a few more
pieces of data/questions. I will look into a new nawk. I have no idea where
I got the one I have now. It has been a long time.

I don't know what could be the problem here. I have not looked into this.
Since I got it to work, I'll leave it alone.

> and then exited.  (The one to specify would be
> "hppa2.0-hp-hpux11.00" i.e.
> with no "n" after the "0").

I made the changes to the lines you indicated to config.sub and config seems
to work. Will this get updated in the next version of zsh?

> } ./configure[2861]: test: Specify a parameter with this command.
>
> It's difficult to tell where this is coming from.  I should
> have asked you
> to send your config.log file.

Since the other change fixed config I'll leave this alone.

> } 	nawk -f ../Src/makepro.awk builtin.c Src > builtin.pro
> [...]
> } 	cc -c -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O  -o builtin.o builtin.c
> } cc: "builtin.pro", line 4: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "in".
> Either obtain gawk, or try replacing those \t in Src/makepro.awk with
> actual tab characters, then rm Src/*.pro and reconfigure.  Let us know
> how it goes.

I replaced \t with tabs and it compiled. I do not remember where I got the
nawk I have. nawk apparently does not come with HPUX.

The last errors I got were these, but since I think it is just the
documentation, I don't care:

/home/julio/Shar/zsh/zsh-3.1.6/Src/Builtins
/home/julio/Shar/zsh/zsh-3.1.6/Src/Modules
/home/julio/Shar/zsh/zsh-3.1.6/Src/Zle
/home/julio/Shar/zsh/zsh-3.1.6/Doc
        makeinfo ./zsh.texi; exit 0
sh: makeinfo:  not found.