Re: Moving away from compctl

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
>  - aliases - Supplying a hash for them is relatively simple, only a
>      small problem with the normal/global aliases difference. Maybe
>      we can solve this by using keys like `regular:foo' and
>      `global:bar' or something.

It may not be necessary in this case, but generally there wouldn't
be a problem with using multiple associative arrays to hold multiple
data items.

>      But then, maybe we don't need this because it is so seldom used
>      that we can just use `$(alias)'. And `$(disable -a)' and
>      `$(enable -a)' to get at that information.

I think this kind of information should be available via special
parameters, so that we don't have to fork and use a textual intermediate
form and so on when doing this kind of thing.  And of course using
parameters means we don't have to worry about quoting special characters.

-zefram