Re: PATCH: files attributes not colored by complist

>>> "SW" == Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

 SW>                   Just consider some[one] wants to use one set of
 SW> back- and foreground colours for all matches so that completion lists
 SW> as a whole stand out from the other stuff on the screen. Without your
 SW> patch this can easily be done and you get a `block' with a different
 SW> background colour. With your patch you get a ugly looking mixture of
 SW> the list-background and the normal terminal-background.

I understand.  I submited the patch because I used to do
ZLS_COLORS=$LS_COLORS and thought most people would do that (in wich
case behaving like GNU ls seems the right thing to do).  Maybe I was
wrong.

[...]

>>> "Z" == Zefram  <zefram@xxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

 Z> In the absence of special background colours, I find the GNU ls style,
 Z> with only the filename coloured, to be much more pleasant.

 Z> If backgrounds are used, I see your point; perhaps we should allow
 Z> the colours for the type characters and spaces to be set
 Z> separately.

This sounds good.  And allow to have file type colored differently
from the filename.

[...]

BTW, there is another thing I *do* like in GNU ls, it's its
multi-column's output with variable width for columns.  This allow to
put more files on less lines.  Do you think Zsh could do that too ?

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz