Re: PATCH: predict-on: suppress long listings

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Oct 28, 10:03am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: Re: PATCH: predict-on: suppress long listings
> }
> }
> } Bart Schaefer wrote:
> }
> } > Ah, yes.  It also does odd things with certain characters, like if you
> } > type $! you end up with $\! with the cursor on the backslash.  Probably
> } > it should search rightwards until it finds the character you typed and
> } > stay there, going back again if it doesn't find that character.
> }
> } That's what `compconf predict_cursor=key' tries to achieve.
>
> Yeah, but it searches rightwards from the end rather than leftwards from
> the current cursor position.  Most of the time that's OK, I guess.

I hope it is actually better... I first did it from the left and then
tried something like `zl/zle_tr..' (I had a `zle_tricky.c.orig' at
that time). When searching from the left this put the cursor after the
`.' before the `c', not on the one the dot typed really corresponded to.

Bye
 Sven