3.1.6 tab completion issue (off by one error)

Hello:

I reported this earlier but received no response on this.  When I use tab
to complete, it looks like the command-line is off by one character.  So,
typing the very next character after <tab> starts the output one character
by the cursor.  It's especially visible if I tab complete a directory.  The
string ends in '/', and it gets wiped out when I type the next character.

Has anyone else seen this?

This is on AIX 4.1.X.

Thanks,

-Clint