Re: PATCH: Previous zsh.yo.in patch wasn't good enough

On Dec 3,  9:10am, Zefram wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Previous zsh.yo.in patch wasn't good enough
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} >+$(sdir)/zsh.yo: $(sdir)/zsh.yo.in
} >+	sed 's,@@TEXINFO@@,texinfo\($(tzsh).info\)\($(tzsh)\),' $(sdir)/zsh.yo.in > $(sdir)/zsh.yo
}
} Bad idea.  The source tree mustn't be modified during building;

The source tree is already modified during building; all the *.1 files go
in $(sdir)/Doc when the man pages are generated, Etc/FAQ and META-FAQ are
written to the source tree, etc.

} Isn't it possible to
} do that variable replacement in the .texi file, leaving the .yo files
} name-independent?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  The problem is that yodl generates an
empty .info file if the .yo file isn't in the source tree.

If you're asking whether we should get rid of zsh.yo.in again so that
zsh.yo is not a generated file, you'll have to ask Clint.  I'm just
cleaning up after his patches in 8827 and 8841.