zfsession function log out and segmentation fault

While using zftp system with zsh-3.1.6-pws-10
zfsession returns default
zfsession -l kicks me out to my login prompt.

This happens with a straight login; i.e., reading my .zsh* files.

Logging in then zsh -f; initialize ftp system;zfanon host; zfsession -l
returns:
"# segmentation fault zsh -f" (# is a numeric code, always different)

I haven't made the effort to set my options one by one as the bug report
docs suggested but am more than willing if the developers need this.

Using Slackware Linux 7.0

Thanks for any insights and for the zshell,
Vance