Re: Version-dependent functions install path

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I suggest, that functions are being installed in version-specific directories as
> well. Unfortunately (and that applies to the development builds in the first

I second this suggestion because I'm constantly having to rename my
functions directory. It happens quite often that a development version
doesn't work straight away and I have to revert.

I seem to remember that the function installation did some clever things
like checking if anyone had modified any of the supplied functions and
not overwriting those? I think we would be best to advise people making
local changes to the functions to copy them to their own directory
before editing them and then make sure that directory appears earlier in
the $fpath.

Oliver Kiddle