Re: completion with prefix which contains meta character.

In article <200001060938.KAA17703@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But it should. At least I wanted to get the -P and -S be used
> literally (should be the most powerful, right?).

I agree. It's the most powerful way.

> Since I feel adventurous today, I even documented that.
>
> And that rembslash() didn't make any sense at all.

Thanks.  Now compadd -P is useful even in these cases.  But I found
similar problem about compset -P.

Z:akr@is27e1u11% Src/zsh -f
is27e1u11% bindkey -e; autoload -U compinit; compinit -D; compdef _tst tst
is27e1u11% _tst () { compset -P '\*' && compadd xxx }
is27e1u11% tst \*<TAB>

This completes nothing.

is27e1u11% _tst () { compset -P '\\\*' && compadd xxx }
is27e1u11% tst \*<TAB>

This completes nothing, too.

If compset -P tries to match against unquoted form of prefix, former
should complete xxx.  If it tries to match against quoted form, latter
should complete xxx.  But both completes nothing.
--
Tanaka Akira