Re: Version-dependent functions install path

In article <E126hnm-0000Ph-00.2000-01-07-22-24-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I suppose you mean that the zsh-3.1.7 directory isn't buried among lots of
> files or irrelevant subdirectories.

Yes.

> I wondered about this, but it's so easy to add in /etc/zshenv that I didn't
> add it.  But maybe something will turn up that makes it more obviously useful.

If /usr/local is shared by NFS or zsh is installed by non-root, it's
not so easy.  So I think site-functions should be included in fpath by
default.

DATADIR/zsh/zshenv (or site-start :) is another (general) way, though.
--
Tanaka Akira