Re: PATCH: _a2ps completion

Clint Adams wrote:

> I have been informed that a2ps can be just as useful on PostScript
> files as any other file, and that *.(#i)(ps|eps) should not be
> excluded from completion.  Perhaps a context-based switch would
> be more appropriate.
> -_arguments '*:text file:_files -g \*\~\*.\(\#i\)\(ps\|eps\)' -- \
> +_arguments '*:input file:_files' -- \

I'm against this change. Very much so. At least in this form.

There are two acceptable possibilities I can see:

- use the patch and suggest (where?) that people who don't want to see
  the ps files use

    zstyle ':completion:*::a2ps:*' ignored-patterns '*.(#i)(ps|eps)'

  or

- don't use the patch and document (at the top of _a2ps?) that people
  who want to complete all files should RTM and use the standard
  mechanism of the tag-order style:

    zstyle ':completion:*::a2ps:*' tag-order all-files

  cause that's what it's there for, dammit.

I'm very much in favour of the second suggestion because I guess that
only few people want to use a2ps on postscript files and using
completion on a prefix where no non-postscript file matches gives one
postscript files as matches anyway (that's why we use _files, after
all).

Bye
 Sven