completion after //

>>> "Tanaka" == Tanaka Akira <akr@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Tanaka> Sometimes completion after ../ frustrates me.

[...]

Along with the same lines, something I don't like is
that the path `a///////b' is not understand as 'a/b' by _path_files
(when I cut and past path names that contains doubled
slashes, it's annoying to not be able to complete after these).

I wanted to add :

# Squeeze sequences of slashes
PREFIX="${PREFIX//(\\/)#//}"
SUFFIX="${SUFFIX//(\\/)#//}"
[[ $PREFIX = */ ]] && SUFFIX=${SUFFIX#/}

at the beginning of _path_files, but then realized that
people may want to use `//' to do partial path completion.

Should this be tunable ?
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz