Re: Problems with trap handling?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> ... Anybody know of any other
> almost-endless loops in the code?

I've slowly (too slowly!) been working with Bart Schaefer since around
November to determine the nature of a loop that occurs if you turn on
history files.  It appears that (for example) a disconnect (hangup) causes
zsh to loop in a manner where it consumes all available memory, severely
impacting other users, until it presumably finally aborts.  Putting a
  TRAPHUP () { exit 1 }
works around the problem but I need to try a patch Bart sent me as well.

Is this the sort of almost-endless loop you wanted to know about?

Jim