Re: Problems with trap handling?

James Kirkpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
>
> > ... Anybody know of any other
> > almost-endless loops in the code?
>
> I've slowly (too slowly!) been working with Bart Schaefer since around
> November to determine the nature of a loop that occurs if you turn on
> history files.  It appears that (for example) a disconnect (hangup) causes
> zsh to loop in a manner where it consumes all available memory, severely
> impacting other users, until it presumably finally aborts.  Putting a
>   TRAPHUP () { exit 1 }
> works around the problem but I need to try a patch Bart sent me as well.
>
> Is this the sort of almost-endless loop you wanted to know about?

Actually I meant loops in the C-code that are exited only under
certain conditions but not because some trap handler calls break,
return or continue.

Hm, I think I vaguely remember the problem you described (unless you
never posted it to the list, in which case I vaguely remember
something completely different). Dunno if it has anything to do with
the bugs I'm trying to fight... (but I don't think so, I would need to
know where it hangs).

Bye
 Sven