RE: Clearcase and filename completion

> In this case it should be enough to add another one of those `if's
> around line 278 to skip over components that match `[^/]##@@/' and then
> handle them like we handle `(.|..)/' now (line 265).
>
> Hm, I've no idea how widely used Clearcase is -- or other filesystems
> that give special semantics to certain names, making globbing fail. If
> there is a cheap way to detect the use of Clearcase I could probably
> be convinced to put that into the core. And if there are other uses
> for a style that gives a pattern to match pathname components that
> should be accepted immediatly, I could easily be convinced to add that
> (somehow that sounds useful, but I can't think of an example).

I'm afraid, that simply matching pattern is not enough. What's wrong with
creating directory foo@@ outside of ClearCase tree?

There is at least one more similar case - Legato Networker can export save
indexes as file system. So, if you access /save/foo/bar you will get the
latest saved version, but if you access /save/foo/bar@xxxxxxxxxx (do not
remember exact syntax) you will get version from the January, 1st. The way
it works is much like automounter.

It means, that we must specify "pattern on files that reside on specific
filesystem". Only there are these patterns special.

How ClearCase exports it's source tree? I think, it should be something like
NFS or automounters as well.

/andrej