Re: PATCH: _diff

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> Well, if we use something like _diff_is_gnu[$words[1]], using a
> non-local variable should be fine, right?

It'd be fine though I suppose that if we're going to be pedantic it
wouldn't: $words[1] could include a path to the command which is
relative to the current directory so it would refer to a different
command after a cd. I don't think that would matter much though.

Is there a quick and easy way to turn a directory name into a full
non-relative path (like the DOS truename command). I've done things like
a=$(cd $d;pwd) in scripts before. An expansion flag of some sort to do
it would be useful (if one doesn't already exist).

Oliver