Re: PATCH: _x_arguments too broad

Clint Adams wrote:

> zsh 433 % /usr/bin/X11/imake <TAB>-display
> -display    -geometry
>
> Not very useful.  OTOH, /usr/openwin/bin/imake will
> complete files, which is perhaps more desirable in

It may not be useful but it does offer files aswell so isn't doing any
great harm, especially for people like me who have their styles
configured to only complete options after an initial prefix.

> this instance.  Since not every binary in */X11/*
> is going to take -display and -geometry, and most
> are likely to take other arguments, a better solution
> is needed.

Maybe a better solution is needed but your patch doesn't offer such a
solution. I would prefer that it is not included because the vast
majority of programs in */X11/* do take -display and it is useful to be
able to complete it. If there is a particular program where it is
annoying you such as imake, you can always write a custom completion for
it. The */X11/* is in my opinion better than having a huge list of
programs after #compdef in _x_arguments.

Oliver Kiddle