Questions/comments on completion code that arise from PWS's zsh guide

These are mostly things I've been wondering about for a while, but
reading their descriptions all in one place has set me off.

Completing files after `=' is enabled for `dd' even if `magicequalsubst'
is not set -- but of course tilde-expansion doesn't happen when the
command is finally executed unless `magicequalsubst' IS set.

No one has ever explained adequately why accept-and-infer-next-history
is overloaded in menu-selection, rather than accept-and-menu-complete.
If it's to preserve accept-and-menu-complete's semantics of starting
a new completion at the current level, then what about preserving the
semantics of accept-and-infer-next-history? Why preempt an existing
widget at all? Just to keep somebody from binding the new one in the
wrong keymap? (The "history" in there bugs me, it has nothing to do
with history.) At least choose one that no one would reasonably want to
invoke in the middle of menu-selection, perhaps even "menu-complete"
itself!

Why doesn't _multi_parts accept and pass through the -f option of
compadd?

Why does the users-hosts style want `user:host'? Is there a problem with
the @ sign that I fail to see?

I'm sure I'll have more of these ... I haven't started section 6.7 yet.